We request $20 per person for use of canoes and equipment. No charge for children under 12. Individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Cash or Check to: Cahaba River Society. We provide canoes, paddles, life jackets, and a naturalist/guide for the trip.
1 CRNWR is the Cahaba River National Wildlife Refuge. For details about the Refuge, please see http://www.fws.gov/refuges/profiles/index.cfm?id=43665 .
2 River Ramble Trail Run Participants must register at: www.cahabariversociety.org/ramble . Educational Outing participants do not need to register; just come, enjoy, and learn.
3 The Lily Festival is hosted by the West Blocton Improvement Association. More details are available at http://www.cahabalily.com/cahabalilyfestival/
4 For more details about the Fry Down, see http://frydown.com/ or http://www.cahabariversociety.org/cahaba-frydown.php
Policies for Educational Outings
- You must call 322-5326 between 8:30a and 4:30p for reservations and details about each trip.
- If you make a reservation and then discover you cannot attend, please let us know so we may offer the canoe to someone on our waiting list.
- Participants are required to follow the trip leader’s guidance regarding safety and behavior, including always wearing shoes and always wearing a life jacket (provided) when you are in a canoe and no alcohol use during the outing.
- Please be on time for departure.
- We request $20 on the day of the trip for each person. There is no charge for children under 12. However, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You should bring your own lunch. Remember that being outside in hot weather will require much more water than usual to keep you hydrated.
- HATS and SUNSCREEN will save you great discomfort!
- Participants with their own canoes or kayaks are very welcome to join us, but are still required to make a reservation and pay $10 per person. If you do join our trip, we require you bring and wear your own lifejacket.
- Novice paddlers are encouraged to attend a training session directed by instructors with the Birmingham Canoe Club. For additional details, see “CLASSES” button at www.birminghamcanoeclub.org