Cahaba River Society offers guided float trips on the Cahaba River. We can supply boats, paddles, life jackets, and a naturalist with the expertise to allow you a unique, up-close experience with the Cahaba River.
How much does it cost?
We request a donation of $20 for each person over the age of 12 for the use of our boats and equipment and to cover staff time. For those bringing their own boats, we request a donation of $10 for each person over the age of 12. (There is no cost for children under 12, but everyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.) Life vests are required for all participants.
Click below to request a reservation for a canoe trip:
Saturday, May 13, 2017 – Lily Trip I–this trip is full. Please register if you would like to be added to the wait list and we will contact you if space becomes available.
Policies for Educational Outings
- You must register by clicking the links above or calling 205-322-5326 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm for reservations and details about each trip.
- If you make a reservation and then discover you cannot attend, please let us know so we may offer the canoe to someone on our waiting list.
- Participants are required to follow the trip leader’s guidance regarding safety and behavior, including always wearing shoes and always wearing a life jacket (provided) when you are in a canoe and no alcohol use during the outing.
- Please be on time for departure.
- We request $20 on the day of the trip for each person. There is no charge for children under 12. However, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You should bring your own lunch. Remember that being outside in hot weather will require much more water than usual to keep you hydrated.
- HATS and SUNSCREEN will save you great discomfort!
- Participants with their own canoes or kayaks are very welcome to join us, but are still required to make a reservation and pay $10 per person. If you do join our trip, we require you bring and wear your own lifejacket.
- Novice paddlers are encouraged to attend a training session directed by instructors with the Birmingham Canoe Club. For additional details, see “CLASSES” button at www.birminghamcanoeclub.org