“Save the Cahaba” car tags and vessel stickers are now available!
Cahaba River Society is an educator, expert resource, and collaborative partner for science-based and practical solutions.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to restore and protect the Cahaba River Watershed and its rich diversity of life. We impact our central Alabama watershed, the Birmingham metro area, and policy at the state, regional, and national level. Our programs achieve three goals:
- Connecting people with the Cahaba for education, recreation, and stewardship
- CLEAN – bringing diverse youth into the River for hands-on education
- Cahaba Blueway system – increasing River recreation and tourism
- Volunteer stewardship – restoring forests, cleaning up trash, & building river access
- Science – spreading understanding & excitement about biodiversity & other Cahaba values, challenges and solutions
- Building water-smart communitiesthat sustain the River for people and wildlife
- Low Impact Development – strengthening policies, codes, permits, & collaborating with developers on model projects
- Restoration rebuild – promoting green infrastructure in older urban areas
- Pollution clean-up – engaging with responsible parties to take action
- Growing our strength, partners, and impact to achieve our mission
CRS is a small and strong organization that can multiply our impact because of our diverse partners, members and supporters. With your help we can build our community support, the effectiveness of our strategies, and the partnerships that help us get so much done.
To report a problem, please contact CRS at (205) 322-5326, and we’ll gladly assist.
Connect with us!